Patient Care Coordinator
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Family Health Clinic|
|Description:||REPORTS TO: Front Office Supervisor|
STATUS: Full-time; 40 hour work week, Monday - Friday w/occasional Saturdays; 8 hour shifts between 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
This medical clinic position is responsible for providing patient care coordination and customer service by completing a variety of functions in support of our patients and the business office. This position requires a professional appearance, excellent attendance, an understanding of general office receptionist duties, strong communication skills and a strong desire to provide exceptional customer services to both internal and external customers.
Typical duties include answering telephones and routing calls, scheduling appointments, interacting with patients, collecting co-payments and outstanding balances, posting payments and verifying and updating insurance information. This position may also be responsible for a variety of clerical, financial, and administrative duties integral to the daily operations of the clinic.
|Duties:||1. Quickly and accurately route/manage incoming calls from multi-line phones including the composure and routing of messages.|
2. Arrive promptly for your daily scheduled shift, dressed according to company standards and wearing your name badge. Maintaining a solid attendance record is a must.
3. Greet patients and visitors in a timely, professional, courteous and friendly manner. Check patients in for their appointments quickly and accurately.
4. Schedule patient appointments accurately and in the correct format for 25+ providers.
5. Collect, verify and accurately input demographic and insurance information from patients; scan insurance cards into the electronic health record.
6. Assist patients with general tasks (completing paperwork, forms, calling a taxi, etc.).
7. Accurately collect and post patient co-payments.
8. Participate in clinic meetings.
9. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||1. High school diploma or GED.|
2. Keyboarding and computer experience required; >40 wpm typing speed.
3. Proven ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment as well as the ability to deal effectively with challenging, sometimes difficult patients.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical billing processes preferred.
5. Ability to comprehend and follow established office protocols and policies.
6. Strong organizational and customer service skills.
7. Experience using common office machines including copiers, faxes and scanners.
8. Basic money handling/management experience.
9. Eligible for Washington State Medical Assistant Certification for level A. C. E. preferred.
10. Ability to have and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
11. American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply.
1. Frequently involves sedentary work: exerting a negligible amount of force, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
2. Occasionally involves light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
This position is covered by the provisions of the Crime Control Act of 1990, Subchapter V - Child Care Worker Employee Background Checks (42 U.S.C. 13041) and the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act of 1990 (25 U.S.C. 3201-3210). As such, each applicant will be required, as a pre-condition to employment, to submit to a 5-year criminal history background check, including fingerprinting. The applicant will be able to obtain a copy of the criminal history report (from the reporting agency) made available to the Tribe and they will have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in the report.
The grounds for denying employment, based on the results of the background check, include the following: any conviction for a sex crime; an offense involving a child victim; a drug felony; or if a person has been found guilty of or entered a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to any federal, state or Tribal offense involving a crime of violence, sexual assault, sexual molestation, child exploitation, sexual contact, prostitution or crimes against persons.
Each person submitting a resume in response to this announcement will be required to complete an employment application form provided by the Tribe, with detailed information on personal history, education, employment.