|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||REPORTS TO: Dental Director|
STATUS: 2 days per week; Variable schedule; Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide comprehensive routine dental services to Jamestown Family Dental Clinic patients including diagnosing dental conditions, treatment planning and performing restorative and major dental procedures. The Dentist provides supervision to Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists as assigned in the Clinic. The Dentist is a Clinic team member and participates in team meetings, in reviewing Clinic productivity, scheduling procedures and establishing guidelines for care and treatment.
|Duties:||1. General Dentistry: Diagnose and treat dental conditions. Educate patients and staff. Provide comprehensive oral health care services to Jamestown Family Dental Clinic patients. Consult with other Tribal dental providers regarding patient care issues. Refer patients for specialty care as appropriate.|
2. Assist in reviewing Clinic productivity, scheduling procedures, and establishing guidelines for care and treatment.
3. Supervise Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists assigned to his/her patients.
4. Complete all charting within 24 hours of patient encounter.
5. Follow procedures that comply with OSHA requirements to maintain the safety of the patients and themselves; comply with Tribal dental policies and procedures.
6. Participate in the dental quality assurance program and reviews.
7. Provide guidance to the Director of Health Services, Deputy Director of Health Services and the Tribal Council in the development and implementation of services that will meet the needs of the Tribal population.
8. Other duties as assigned related to position.
9. An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the above tasks. These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform.
|Qualifications:||1. DDS/DMD degree from an American Dental Association accredited dental school.|
2. At least 2 years’ experience in general dentistry.
3. Dental Practice License in the state of Washington and DEA registration.
4. Knowledge and skill providing general dentistry services to patients of all ages.
5. Must possess the ability to work independently.
6. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to handle conflict and crisis in a professional manner and must be computer literate.
7. Must have ability to take initiative to solve problems as indicated.
8. Ability to follow infection control guidelines.
9. Ability to follow established protocol and procedure.
10. Must accomplish tasks with attention to detail.
11. Must pass background check and credentialing process.
12. American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply.
This position is covered by the provisions of the Crime Control Act of 1990, Subchapter V - Child Care Worker Employee Background Checks (42 U.S.C. 13041) and the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act of 1990 (25 U.S.C. 3201-3210). As such, each applicant will be required, as a pre-condition to employment, to submit to a 5-year criminal history background check, including fingerprinting. The applicant will be able to obtain a copy of the criminal history report (from the reporting agency) made available to the Tribe and they will have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in the report.
The grounds for denying employment, based on the results of the back ground check, include the following: any conviction for a sex crime; an offense involving a child victim; a drug felony; or if a person has been found guilty of or entered a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to any federal, state or Tribal offense involving a crime of violence, sexual assault, sexual molestation, child exploitation, sexual contact, prostitution or crimes against persons.